Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike is Coming



When you look at the map I live when the "n" of Houston sits. We are on the North side of I-10, away from the bay. With that said, we are staying here in at the house. We have the windows boarded up and we have plenty of supplies. We also have a generator that can run the whole house. I met my mother in Madisonville yesterday to send the boys to Tyler for the weekend.

We do live in a mandatory evacuation zip code, but really we live in a Mont Belvieu zip code not the assigned Baytown zip code. There is another northern zip code for Baytown that is not under the evacuation mandate.

Richard and I are considered first responders since we provide public water and wastewater services. I don't have to be out in the field after the storm, but I do have to man my computer and cell phone to communicate with my 8 Boards.

I want to let you know that we will be fine. I will try to remain on the computer for as long as I can to let everyone know what we are going through. God will provide and protect.

No comments: