Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We went to look at houses

We went to look at houses in Summerwood and Lakeshore on Sunday afternoon. This weekend we only saw the empty homes that were on our list so it would make it easier for our realtor to schedule. Several of the homes were foreclosures and needed some work...some more than others. While the extra work didn't bother us with the thought that with the financial savings we would have the money to make the repairs. Our concern was time. We can't purchase a new house without selling ours first. So we will probably need to move quickly. Items like water damage, ie, mold, really should be repaired before we move into the new house.

Then, we saw this house! It is a corporate relocation house, so the company has had the house professionally cleaned, the carpets professionally cleaned, and the entire house repainted. It was like walking into a brand new house. The previous homeowners even left their refrigerator which matches the rest of the black appliances...which is great since mine is white! The backyard isn't that big, but it does back up to a nature reserve area (with deer) so we would never have back neighbors, and it gives the illusion of a bigger backyard. The front and back yards are both nicely landscaped too! The downfall - the master bedroom is upstairs. This is the only house that I did climb the stairs to view everything. It was wonderful! The master is beautiful with a great bathroom and huge closet! The regular bedrooms are large and have plenty of room for the boys to share.

We still have several other house to check out, but I was happy to find a few options out there!

Update on my health:
After being in pain on Sunday and Monday, using the walker again, and watching the clock like mad to take my next dose of medication, this morning, I woke up very well rested! I was also able to stand without too much effort and walk to take my morning meds without crying! The nerve problem is still there, but it has certainly lightened up this morning! Thank you all so much for your prayers!! I have my IV therapy this morning again. We hope that this will also help with the nerves...but I guess it could help "wake up" another nerve for repairs too. At this point I just hope that it happens one at a time! If I get one in each leg, I most certainly will be using the wheelchair again!

My other good news today is that the maids are coming today to clean the house! I'm so excited! I can't wait to come home to a clean house! I think we will eat out for dinner tonight! :)

No comments: