Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update on GB

I had IV therapy again today. I only had to be poked once! Yeah! My doctor came to visit me while I was lounging in my recliner. My reflexes and strength are good. She learned about the nerve in my left leg that "woke up" last week. She was pleased that it was a major vein repairing itself.

The doctor asked if I had experienced anything in my arms yet. I told her that I was going to ask her about that very thing! :) We always seem to be on the same page! We both agreed that we don't think that I will have problems with my arms since they weren't paralyzed for any real length of time. Only time will tell.

The next two things that we discussed are almost embarrassing to mention: swelling feet and a handicap placard. That's right, thanks to my nerve medicine, my feet are swelling more now than ever when I was pregnant. Her solution...SUPPORT HOSE! We also discussed the use of a handicap placard for my car. It is not like I would need it all the time, but when the nerves are repairing themselves, I'm in a lot of pain. She wrote me a prescription for the placard, but it turns out that I need a Texas application signed first from her. I was kind of hoping to have it before this weekend when we head to Corpus Christi, but that's okay. At least we are trying to get it done. Yes, I'm turning into my grandmother!

Keep praying for my continued healing! Thank you God for all that you have already done!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Hope you're feeling well this weekend!
-Lori